Respecting your privacy
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We comply with the legal provisions contained in the Privacy Act 1988 Act as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information.
Office Supplies Australia is the business name registered under ABN 56 127 414 626
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information:
- directly from you when you apply for, or use, our websites or a product or service provided by us;
The types of personal information we collect
The personal information that we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
- contact and other identifying information including your name, address, phone number, e-mail addresses and date of birth;
- information about your use of our and third parties’ websites, products and services including your login time and duration and your last known login date and time;
- information related to your use of third party applications and accounts if you elect to link our products and services to third party applications or accounts (such as Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter). This information includes your access data and any information you make available on those third party applications or accounts (including posts, location tags, photographs and biographical information);
- other information that we consider necessary in order to provide our products and services to you.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to provide the websites, products and services to you;
- to improve our websites, products and services;
- to perform administrative tasks including systems development, testing and training, the format and operation of our websites and applications managing our right and obligations regarding external payment systems;
- to generate statistics, measure site activity and develop policies to optimise your buying experience;
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- to meet our obligations under any relevant laws or regulations.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may share personal information about you with:
- organisations involved in providing, managing or administering our websites, products or services such as third party suppliers or service providers including those involved in hosting, billing, data storage and security, other affiliated organisations, loyalty and affinity program partners, printers, posting services, call centres and our advisers
- organisations affiliated with Office Supplies Australia and third parties that we have arrangements with that wish to tell you about their products or services (except where you tell us not to);
- any person that we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information to.
Consequences if you do not consent to the collection of your personal information
If you do not provide us with personal information, we cannot provide our websites, products or services to you.
Storage and security of personal information
We generally store the personal information that we collect in electronic databases. We may also keep hard copy records of this personal information in physical storage facilities. We use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that we hold.
Right to disclosure
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 you have a right to free disclosure of the information stored about you. You also have a right to correct, block or delete this data.
If you are concerned that we may have breached the Privacy Act 1988 please contact us using the contact details set out below. We will make a record of your complaint and will refer it to our internal complaint resolution department for further investigation. We will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on the internet site www.osa.com.au.
How to contact us
If you require any further information from us on privacy matters, please contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
[Last updated: 21/08/2016]